Arabic Date Biscuits
- Publish date:01/08/2018
- Section:Food Recipes
1 cup plain flour
¼ cup icing sugar
1 spoon clarified butter (ghee)
Small amounts of pistachios or almonds of your choice
1) Put enough oil in to smooth the mixture.
2) Put a small handful of water, enough to roll the dough into small balls. Flatten the top of the balls.
3) Soften dates and roll into small balls, place on the round flattened dough (the balls).
4) Roll the dates into the dough (balls), flatten these balls slightly.
5) Press an almond or a pistachio at the end of each piece.
6) Bake in an oven preheated to gas mark 4 or 5 or 300 degrees for 20 minutes or until the bottoms of each piece turn light brown.
7) Remove from oven and allow to cool. They will harden as they cool.