Middle Eastern Dip
- Publish date:01/08/2018
- Section:Food Recipes
- 1 large eggplant (aubergine)
- 1 onion, unpeeled
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup/60 g/2 oz sour cream
- 4 pieces lavash or pitta bread, cut into triangles
Cook eggplant and onion on a lightly oiled preheated hot barbecue grill, turning occasionally, for 20-30 minutes or until skins are charred and flesh is soft. Alternatively, bake at 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Cool slightly. Peel. Chop roughly.
Place eggplant, onion, garlic, 1/4 cup/60 ml/2 fl oz oil and lemon juice in a food processor. Process until smooth. Mix in parsley and sour cream.
Brush bread with oil. Cook on barbecue or under a hot grill for 1-2 minutes each side or until crisp.